Edexcel IGCSE Economics - 4EC1 Edit
Edexcel International GCSE Economics - syllabus and past papers.
What they say: "The Pearson Edexcel International GCSE in Economics qualification enables students to:
- develop an understanding of economic concepts and apply these concepts to real-life situations
- calculate, interpret and evaluate economic data in order to make reasoned arguments and informed judgements
- develop an awareness of economic change and its impact on developing and developed economies
- understand economic issues, problems and possible solutions that affect mixed economies
- participate effectively in society as citizens, producers and consumers."
Qualification code 4EC1
Paper 1: 1hr, 30 mins. Microeconomics and Business Economics. Paper code 4EC1/01
Paper 2: 1 hr, 30 mins. Macroeconomics and the Global Economy. Paper code 4EC1/02
Exam is availability to write: January and June
First assessment: June 2019
CIE IGCSE Economics - 0455 Edit
Textbook: Complete Economics for Cambridge IGCSE® and O-level (Second Edition) by Dan Moynihan et al.
Qualification code 0455 .
Two papers: one 45 minute multiple choice, and one 2hr 15 minute written paper.
CIE A Level Economics Edit
We used International AS and A level Economics by Peter Smith. Publisher Hodder education. My son had read through another Economics course book in the previous 10 weeks, but preferred this one. He had already done IGCSE Economics the previous year. This is a subject that you do not have to have done IGCSE Economics, so no previous knowledge is assumed. However, as my son had done the IGCSE, he had solid building blocks and so was able to complete the A level in 1 year.
Tutors, courses and other resources Edit
Home Made Education - specialist distance learning courses provided by a home educator. Supporting the Edexcel IGCSE Economics syllabus. Courses available in an online or printed format. Also offers courses for related subjects - Business, Travel and Tourism, Development Studies.
From D: We highly recommend HomeMadeEducation. My 14 year old has been studying GCSE Economics this year, online, and is motivated, interested, and eager to take more courses with her next year too.